Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are travelling to Balmoral to be with the Queen after it was announced on Thursday that she has been put under medical supervision.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, 37 and 41, were due to attend the WellChild Awards ceremony in London on Thursday evening, but have changed their plans to travel to see Her Majesty, 96.
A spokesperson for the couple said: "The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be travelling to Scotland."
The Prince of Wales, 73, and Duchess of Cornwall, 75, have also travelled to Balmoral to be with the Queen, Clarence House said. They were staying nearby at Birkhall on the estate.
While the Duke of Cambridge, 40, is also travelling to Balmoral after today's announcement on the Queen’s health, Kensington Palace said.
The Princess Royal is at Balmoral, and the Duke of York and the Earl and Countess of Wessex are on their way to the Queen’s Scottish home, sources have said.
Earlier on Thursday, it was announced that the Queen, 96, is under medical supervision at Balmoral after doctors became "concerned for her health".
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "Following further evaluation this morning, the Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision."
They added: "The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral."
The Queen’s immediate family members have been informed, with the latest announcement escalating fears for the monarch’s health.
Issuing a statement over the news, new Prime Minister Liz Truss has said "the whole country will be deeply concerned by the news from Buckingham Palace this lunchtime".
Truss added: "My thoughts – and the thoughts of people across our United Kingdom – are with Her Majesty The Queen and her family at this time".
It comes after Her Majesty, 96, cancelled a meeting on the request of her doctors on Wednesday after meeting with new Prime Minister Liz Truss in Balmoral on Tuesday.
The Queen was due to meet the Privy Council on Wednesday but cancelled the meeting that was to take place virtually after seeking medical advice following what was described as a "full day" previously.
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: "After a full day yesterday, Her Majesty has this afternoon accepted doctors’ advice to rest.
"This means that the Privy Council meeting that had been due to take place this evening will be rearranged."
The announcement comes after the Queen’s meeting with Liz that took place in her Scottish residence of Balmoral.
The Queen decided not to travel to London to receive Boris Johnson and his successor at Buckingham Palace as she normally would have – and instead invited them to Balmoral where she was staying
Traditionally, Her Majesty holds audiences with outgoing and incoming premiers at Buckingham Palace.
The changes in schedule aren’t the only ones she’s made in recent days and last week the Queen pulled out of her "favourite" event amid ongoing mobility issues.
Queen's doctors 'concerned for health' as she's put under medical supervision
Camilla and Anne support Prince Charles after Harry and Meghan 'reject' invite to stay
Royal expert shares signs Americans are ‘losing patience with Meghan’
Meghan Markle 'won't return to acting' despite multi-million pound Netflix deal
Get exclusive celebrity stories and shoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter
Source: Read Full Article