Police called as opera lover ‘has a heated exchange with Keith Urban and swats Nicole Kidman with his program’ after finding their applause and standing ovation offensive
Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman reportedly found themselves in a heated exchange with an opera lover at The Merry Widow at the Sydney Opera House last month.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald’s Private Sydney on Sunday, spies alleged to the publication that a disgruntled man found their applause and standing ovation at the end of the performance offensive.
Keith, 53, reportedly accused the man of assaulting Nicole, 53, after he ‘swatted’ the actress with his program.
Claims: According to The Sydney Morning Herald’s Private Sydney on Sunday, a man ‘had a heated exchange with Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman’, after he found their applause offensive at the opera last month. The couple are pictured with Nicole’s mother Janelle in Sydney
The A-list couple, who attended with Nicole’s mother Janelle, cheered on the cast at the end of the performance, along with the remainder of the audience.
Keith is said to have continued on with his applause, after being confronted by the man, explaining how he was simply being appreciative of the cast’s stellar talent.
However, things reportedly took a turn for the worst when the man ‘swatted’ Nicole with his program, leading to Keith ‘accusing him of assaulting his wife’.
The couple were escorted out by Keith’s security detail, while police confirmed to Private Sydney that officers were called to the venue after an argument broke out.
Bizarre: Spies alleged to the publication how the man ‘swatted Nicole with his program’ at the end of The Merry Widow at the Sydney Opera House, when Nicole and Keith continued to applaud the cast, along with the remainder of the audience. The couple are pictured in 2020
While no names were mentioned, they did say in an official statement: ‘Police have been told a 53-year-old man and a 67-year-old man were both attending the entertainment centre when an argument broke out.
‘Officers spoke to both men and no further action was taken.’
Daily Mail Australia has reached out to Nicole and Keith’s representatives for comment.
The opera outing came after Nicole was finally reunited with her family after completing a mandatory period of self-isolation.
Reports: Keith was alleged to have accused the man of assaulting his wife. Police did confirm to Private Sydney that an argument took place that night at the Opera House
Nicole spent two weeks quarantining at her $6.5million Southern Highlands estate, after a short trip to Ireland.
The actress was required overseas to shoot scenes for Robert Eggers Viking epic, The Northman, alongside Alexander Skarsgård and Ethan Hawke.
According to The Daily Telegraph, Nicole was allowed to self-isolate at home instead of staying at a state-approved hotel for 14 days, which is what the vast majority of international arrivals must do amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Set on a sprawling 45 hectares, Nicole and Keith’s Southern Highlands estate boasts traditional sandstone verandahs, pressed metal ceilings, a grand carved cedar staircase and 10 original marble fireplaces.
Night at the opera: The opera outing came after Nicole was finally reunited with her family after completing a mandatory period of self-isolation. Nicole spent two weeks quarantining at her $6.5million Southern Highlands estate, after a short trip to Ireland
Source: Read Full Article