Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox
Carl Woods has broken his silence after his fiancée Katie Price was allegedly assaulted at her home two weeks ago.
The 43 year old revealed she was left with bruising and taken into hospital after she was allegedly punched while watching TV in the early hours of August 23.
Following the alleged attack, a 32 year old unnamed man was arrested on suspicion of assault, theft and coercive and controlling behaviour before being released on bail.
And the former glamour model's other half Carl is now having his say on the alleged attack in a lengthy post on Instagram, shared to his account on Tuesday.
He wrote: "I have remained quiet until now due to the investigation being carried by the police.
"However, I have found it so difficult to keep quiet on social media due to the speculation and shocking abuse that I have received."
Carl continued: "I have never and never would do anything to hurt Katie. The truth will be told," he concluded in the post which he shared without a further caption.
A spokesperson for Essex Police told OK! on Tuesday morning: "Our investigation is ongoing.
"We are in regular contact with the victim and are continuing to support her.
The man arrested remains on conditional bail until 20 September."
Speaking of the ordeal, Katie recently told The Sun: "I've got a big bruise, my face is all puffy, and I went to hospital.
"I'm still all dazed. I'm devastated. I've told police that I was assaulted, and am in shock that this happened.
"I ran away after being punched — I ran to Harvey's house nearby and have now done damage to my feet, which I previously injured. I can't say any more."
The publication also reported that Katie is investing in a second protection dog to help "make her home safer" after the alleged assault.
For more showbiz updates and celebrity news, sign up for OK! 's daily newsletter here.
Source: Read Full Article