AceShowbiz –Emily Ratajkowski has broken her silence on accusation which stated that she and her husband Sebastian Bear-McClard are exploiting legal loophole to avoid paying rent. Taking to Twitter on Monday, March 25, the London-born stunner attempted to explain the situation and clarified some false misinformation that were being spread online.
First, she confirmed that Sebastian is already 38 years old, not 31 like what reports suggested. “He’s an independent movie producer so people thinking he’s rich is real nice but not based in fact,” Emily said. “He was raised in the neighborhood he lives in now, both of his parents are artists who were priced out of their homes in downtown New York.”
The “Gone Girl” star claimed in another tweet that the owner of the building kept sharing misinformation to public. She said, “I moved [with] him a year ago. I’m proud he’s fighting the good fight against a real estate conglomerate that bought the building he lives in for 40 million and has continued to spread misinformation on its tenants in order to profit. NYC has changed so much and it’s a shame that people who work in creative fields are being moved out of the city.”
Earlier this month, Antoni Ghosh sued Emily and Sebastian for exploiting a loophole called the Loft Law, which partially intended to help low-income people living in Manhattan from getting evicted for not paying rent. According to the lawsuit, the married couple had not paid any rent since the lease expired in 2017 and owed Antoni more than $120,000.
Several of their neighbors also voiced their disappointment in the couple. “It’s really unfair… This guy [Sebastian] is a double-insult to our street,” one said. “He’s a moneyman who can easily pay his rent and just chooses not to. I hope he gets evicted as soon as possible so that this apartment can go to someone more deserving — maybe someone with a little humility.”
Source: Read Full Article