Alec Baldwin looks frazzled while chatting on his cellphone in The Hamptons… as he waits to see if he will be charged for accidental Rust shooting that killed Halyna Hutchins
- Baldwin gave an interview to CNN last week in which he discussed the accidental deadly shooting of Rust cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins
- The actor claimed that, through the work of a private investigator, he has inside knowledge that he will most likely not be charged for the shooting
- Baldwin’s attorney added that ‘it would be a huge miscarriage of justice’ if he ended up facing legal consequences for the accident
- The FBI recently released a report that said the gun could not have possibly gone off without Baldwin firing it
- The Santa Fe Sheriff’s department confirmed that the case would be passed to the District Attorney
Alec Baldwin was seen out in The Hamptons on Friday, as he awaits his fate regarding the fatal accidental shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the Western film Rust last October.
The 64-year-old veteran movie star sported a casual getup, which included a blue polo shirt and navy blue shorts.
He appeared to be chatting on speakerphone as he walked around outdoors with his cellphone in hand.
Spotted: Alec Baldwin was seen out in The Hamptons on Friday, as he awaits his fate regarding the fatal accidental shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the Western film Rust last October
The former Saturday Night Live star walked in a pair of sandals and he wore a dark watch on his left wrist, along with a black beaded bracelet and his wedding band.
Baldwin held his black-encased iPhone in one hand while clutching car keys in another.
He’s currently at the center of an investigation surrounding the death of Rust cinematographer Halyna, who passed away after a prop gun that Baldwin was holding for a scene accidentally discharged.
Tense: He appeared to be chatting on speakerphone as he walked around outdoors with his cellphone in hand
Casual: The 64-year-old veteran movie star sported a casual getup, which included a blue polo shirt and navy blue shorts
Baldwin’s wife Hilaria Baldwin has stood by him since the tragedy last fall, often using her Instagram page to pen supportive messages to the star and to combat his critics.
Earlier this week, Hilaria uploaded a photo of the pair’s hands interlocked and included a heartfelt caption that encouraged her husband’s vulnerability.
‘I am not going anywhere,’ wrote the 38-year-old yoga instructor. ‘Take all the time to be sad. I am here.’
Support: Alec’s wife Hilaria Baldwin has stood by him since the tragedy last fall, often using her Instagram page to pen supportive messages to the star and to combat his critics
Her post came just a day after Baldwin opened up about the accidental shooting in an interview with CNN.
Baldwin made it clear that he didn’t feel he, or anyone else who worked on set, would be charged for the shooting that took the life of the cinematographer.
Speaking about the ordeal, Baldwin said: ‘That private investigator, as you probably know, did not have a difficult time accessing the staff of the sheriff’s department, and that person told us – quote, unquote – we’ve known in the department since January that Alec would not be charged with a crime.’
He continued, ‘I’m pretty confident neither one of them should ever work on a film set again. I sincerely believe … [investigators] are going to say that this was an accident. It’s tragic.’
Baldwin’s attorney added that ‘it would be a huge miscarriage of justice’ if he were charged following the deadly shooting.
Revealing conversation: Her post came just a day after Baldwin opened up about the accidental shooting on the set of Rust in an interview with CNN
Despite Baldwin’s own certainty, a recent report from the Federal Bureau of Investigation made the question of charges a bit more murky.
The report that said the gun could not have possibly gone off without Baldwin deliberately firing it.
It means that he could still face criminal charges for the incident, with Santa Fe Sheriff’s department confirming that the case will be passed to the District Attorney.
Baldwin said the whole experience has taken ‘years off my life,’ and he carries the weight of Halyna’s death with him.
Dead: In the interview, Baldwin made it clear that he didn’t feel he’d be charged for the shooting that took the life of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins (Hutchins pictured 2019)
‘Somebody died, and it was avoidable,’ he said in the interview. ‘It was so unnecessary. Every day of my life I think about that.’
The 30 Rock star credited his wife for helping him keep it together in the past ten months.
‘If I didn’t have my wife, I don’t know where I would be right now … If I didn’t have her, I probably would have quit, retired, gone off, you know sold everything I owned, got a house in the middle of nowhere and just, you know, find something else to do, sell real estate,’ he imagined.
The Beetlejuice star went on to talk about the professional turmoil in the interview as well.
‘I got fired from another job yesterday,’ he said. ‘There I was all set to go to a movie, jump on a plane. I’ve been talking with these guys for months and they told me yesterday we don’t want to do the film with you because of this.’
Possible charges: Last week, the FBI released a report that said the gun could not have possibly gone off without Baldwin deliberately firing it
Meanwhile, armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed said in a statement to DailyMail.com that the FBI has still not tested the live rounds that killed Hutchins for fingerprints to determine how they ended up on set.
She said, ‘The primary question in this case from the beginning has been: Where did the live rounds that ended upon the Rust set come from?
The Sheriff’s office made a conscious decision not to pursue this question at all by refusing to ask the FBI to test any of the rounds for fingerprints or DNA.’
She added, ‘We now know for certain there were live rounds on set. It is inconceivable that the Sheriff would not seek answers to this fundamental question and it raises a serious problem with the entire investigation. We have long-sought this answer and will not give up in pursuing the truth to find it.’
The former 30 Rock star continues to blame Reed, ammunition supplier Seth Kenney, and assistant director Dave Halls for the shooting, arguing – and emphasizing in an Instagram post – that he cocked the gun and pulled back its hammer but did not pull the trigger.
Lisa Torraco, the attorney for Halls, says Baldwin wants to shift blame: ‘Baldwin is pointing the finger at others because the evidence is pointing at him. Halls is not responsible. Everyone needs to stop.
‘People are only pointing the finger at Halls because they don’t want the responsibility of being wrong. Halls is a scapegoat. People need to look at the evidence.’
Source: Read Full Article