Dig into a sweet-and-salty slice of dessert.
- 2 c. Crushed Pretzels
- 3/4 c. melted butter
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. whipped cream or Cool Whip
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. water
- 1 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Strawberry Jell-O mix
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries
- Make the Pretzel Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter, and sugar until combined. Transfer to a 10” tart pan and press firmly using the bottom of a measuring cup. Bake 10 minutes and let cool completely.
- Make the Cheesecake Layer: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until combined, then add heavy cream and beat until medium peaks form.
- Spread into cooled pretzel crust.
- Make the Strawberry Topping: In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, and corn starch and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, whisking constantly (mixture will thicken), then remove from heat. Add Jell-O and whisk until combined.
- Arrange strawberries in a single layer all over cream cheese layer, then pour over Jell-O mixture, covering each berry. Refrigerate until Jell-O is firm, 2 hours.