Need a hot dog hiatus? Go Polish with sausage and potato salad.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lb. baby new potatoes, halved
- kosher salt
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. kielbasa, cut in half
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1/2 c. chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- In a large pot place potatoes in cold water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and stir. Simmer until fork tender, 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Meanwhile in a large bowl mix mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, zest and juice of one lime, and red pepper flakes. Drain and run under cold water until cooled. Toss potatoes with dressing.
- Grill kielbasa for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and let it rest for one minute. Cut kielbasa in half lengthwise.
- Serve kielbasa on hot dog bun with side of potato salad; garnish with cilantro. If desired, drizzle dressing from potato salad on kielbasa and top with cilantro, or serve with your favorite condiment.