Greens get a boost from salty, sweet, spicy and creamy fixings.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Italian pork sausages, casings removed
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 oranges
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 16 oz. Burrata
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt, such as Maldon
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil and brown sausage, breaking up into small pieces using a wooden spoon. Cook until golden brown, 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and reserve oil in skillet.
- Sauté garlic and shallot over medium-low heat with reserved oil from sausage until softened, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and add 1 tablespoons orange zest and 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, red wine vinegar; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cut off rind of remaining orange and cut into segments. Add to dressing.
- Toss lettuce with drizzle of dressing and transfer to a large platter with orange segments. Break up burrata by hand and place on lettuce. Add drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle chili flakes and sea salt. Garnish with parsley.