You won’t be able to eat a BLT without cheese again!
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 slices white bread or sourdough
- 3 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 2 slices beefsteak tomato
- 1 large piece lettuce, such as Bibb
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain fat. Wipe skillet with a paper towel.
- Butter the outsides of bread. Assemble sandwich by layering 2 slices cheese, cooked bacon, tomato, lettuce, and 1 more slice of cheese.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add sandwich and grill, using a spatula or heavy-bottomed pan to press down, until golden and melty.
- Serve immediately.