Expand your pesto pasta-bilities with avocado and sweet corn.
Yield: 4 servings
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. orecchiette pasta
- 2 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 7 oz. basil pesto
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water until cool.
- Meanwhile, cook corn in pasta water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; cut kernels off the cob. In a large mixing bowl mix pesto and avocado; mash lightly using a fork and season with pepper. Toss together with pasta and parsley.
- Serve on large platter. Top with corn and garnish with parsley.