When it comes to keeping the kids occupied during the school summer break, TripAdvisor’s top trending tours and attractions might just be the ticket.
Jetting off to Italy? Don’t miss out on a Skip the Line tour of the Vatican, which has taken the title of 2017’s most booked on the travel site.
And if you’re in England, why not take in a bit of history with an ever-popular day trip to Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath?
According to TripAdvisor, a Skip the Line tour of the Vatican has taken the title of 2017’s most booked attraction or tour
Chicago’s Architecture River Cruise, which takes in the city’s incredible collection of skyscrapers, is the fourth most-booked tour in the world
TripAdvisor’s latest findings are based on bookings made since January 2016 to date, measuring the most popular attractions with the greatest increase in traveller interest.
In their world top 10, it was the Skip the Line tour of the Vatican Museums, St Peter’s Basilica and the Sistine Chapel that took top honours.
During this much-loved three-hour tour, visitors have the opportunity to explore the Vatican as part of a small group led by a knowledgeable guide – and, of course, to jump to the front of the site’s notoriously long queues.
In the UK, it was an 11-hour guided tour of Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath that proved to be most popular.
In the UK, it was an 11-hour guided tour of Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath that proved to be most popular
The guided tour, which includes a pub lunch in the medieval village of Lacock, is a crowd-pleasing option
Rome has proven to be the most popular tourist city, with two of the world’s top 10 attractions located there
London, however, is the most popular destination in the UK, with five of the country’s top booked tours located there
In fact, five of the UK’s top booked tours are located in London, while four of the world’s top 10 booked tours are found in Rome.
And no matter where you visit, Skip the Line and Hop-On-Hop-Off Tours continue to be crowd pleasers.
These tours often feature other added benefits not available to general admission ticket holders, as well as flexibility to choose your own itinerary and pace.
The sixth most popular tourist attraction in the world is admission to the One World Observatory tower
No matter in Rome (left) or London (right), Hop-On, Hop-Off Tours remain a favourite way for tourists to see the city
Another popular tour globally is the Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam Day Tour from Las Vegas with Optional Skywalk
Rounding out the top 10 most booked tours in the world is the Burj Khalifa ‘At the Top’ Entrance Ticket
MOST BOOKED IN THE WORLD
1. Skip the Line: Vatican Museums with St Peter‘s, Sistine Chapel and Small-Group Upgrade
2. Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
3. Rome Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour
4. Chicago Architecture River Cruise
5. Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
6. One World Observatory Admission
7. Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam Day Tour from Las Vegas with Optional Skywalk
8. Empire State Building Tickets – Observatory and Optional Skip the Line Tickets
9. Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada Familia Tour
10. Burj Khalifa ‘At the Top’ Entrance Ticket
MOST BOOKED IN THE UK
1. Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath Day Trip from London
2. London Eye Ticket with Skip-the-Line
3. Tower of London Entrance Ticket Including Crown Jewels and Beefeater Tour
4. Big Bus London Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
5. Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of Harry Potter with Luxury Round-Trip Transport from London
6. The Original London Sightseeing Tour: Hop-on Hop-off
7. Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath, Including Pub Lunch in Medieval Village of Lacock
8. Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
9. Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros. Studio in London
10. London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
Though it’s the Stonehenge tour that’s the UK’s most booked, it’s Harry Potter who is dominating the UK’s top 10 list
Want to see how the Harry Potter movie magic is created? Book one of several tour options in London
Tourists remain keen to book into the Warner Bros. Studio tours, especially those that take them behind the scenes
Though it’s the Stonehenge tour that’s the UK’s most booked, it’s Harry Potter who is dominating the UK’s top 10.
In at No5 is a Making of Harry Potter tour at the Warner Brothers Studio in Leavesden in Hertfordshire, complete with luxury transportation from London.
Two London-based Harry Potter studio tours, meanwhile, rank eighth and ninth.
Despite the fact that it’s been 20 years since the release of Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone, Britain’s favourite wizard shows no signs of losing his magic.