Starbucks has officially announced the release of its Unicorn Frappuccino, which was only a fairytale fantasy a week ago, and it’s the most beautiful Frapp you have ever seen.
It looks beautiful IRL too, and not just on a highly edited Instagram feed. I ordered one, and as it went from the barista’s hand to mine, the Frapp practically whispered, “Take my pic.”
And so I did. Obviously.
But what does it actually taste like? Eight people tried it, and here’s what you can expect:
1. “It didn’t taste how I expected it to taste. I’m not sure if it’s because it was sitting on the counter for a while, or because I drank from the top of the Frappuccino, but there was a watery quality to it. You definitely get notes of something fruity, but I’m not sure I can go so far as to call it mango. Will this be my new go-to Starbucks drink? Not by any means. Is it a piece of pop art I can appreciate as such? Absolutely.” —Amy
2. “It was a little melted, but frozen, I think this could be fun! I don’t think I could handle anything more than a tall, because of how sweet it is, but honestly, I’d get this for the color alone.” —Julia
3. “When I tasted the magical unicorn beverage, I mixed the whipped cream directly into it, rather than leaving it as a garnish, which off-set some of the tart flavor. It genuinely tastes like a fruit creamsicle, with a little zing. It probably won’t ever take the place of coffee for me, but I’d definitely enjoy one of these on a hot summer day — maybe with some rum next time.” —Ali
4. “The drink was so pretty I almost didn’t want to sip it. But when I did, it was frothy and refreshing, with a hint of mango — one of my favorite fruits! Even though I’m not normally a Frappuccino drinker, I’d definitely order this if I needed a pick-me-up.” —Christina
5. “Is this what unicorn heaven tastes like? Citrusy with a splash of positive vibes?” —Peggy
6. “I am entirely biased to all unicorn treats — and anything pink — but I was pleasantly surprised at the taste. It’s like Starbucks created a mango creamsicle that’s pink and topped with edible fairy dust — what’s not to love? If you’re obsessed with Pixy Stix or SweetTarts, this is for you.” —Me
7. “It’s very tart — not sweet, like a typical Frappuccino. If you like Sour Patch Kids, or maybe even Sour Skittles, you’ll probably like this.” —Maya
8. “Think of how every single popsicle you’ve ever had would taste if they were all melted together, and that’s this unicorn drink.” —Hannah
For more food news and magical recipes, follow Cosmo Bites on Facebook!
Follow Danielle on Instagram and Twitter.